September 3, 2013

Because I miss Kauai so much

I'm not talking about the island. I'm talking about the South African store that sells the most delicious smoothies and healthy food ever. I am still on the hunt for an equivalent store in London, but so far none that I've tried has stood up to the taste and quality of Kauai.

For now I've decided to re-create Kauai smoothies. I just miss it too much!
The Gem is probably my husband's favourite Kauai smoothie(not the healthiest on the menu, but hey). For me, its a toss-up between the Gem and Go-Goji Berry, but I've decided to create the Gem and make us both happy.

So, here is my version. I obviously do not have their recipe, I just went with it and tweaked the flavour to my liking. I don't think it's as good as the original, but hey its close enough.  And because I love almonds, I had to put some chopped almonds on top. Next, hopefully the Go-Goji Berry? Maybe.. who knows.


How I made it, if you're interested. You can add more or less of each ingredient to your taste.

Ingredients (for 2 servings)
1 banana
handful of almonds (I used more, as I love almonds)
Tbspn honey
3 Tbspns frozen yoghurt (flavour of your choice, preferably Natural, Vanilla, or Banana)
1 cup of fat free milk

Method
Put everything in a blender or juicer and blend away.
Perfect for two small tumblers or one large glass.

5 comments:

  1. I'm sommer hungry now :) Looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Nuraan, great recipe and thanks for sharing. Would you mind if I share this with our followers in South Africa. We have a blog that features smoothie recipes like yours for the smoothie maker OmniBlend (http://omniblend.co.za). This blender is also for sale in the UK btw.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jan, that is perfectly alright :) This recipe is free to use.

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete