January 21, 2014

Streets of London: Bull's Head Passage

So I've decided to resume my idea of showcasing the streets of London. If you've read my blog from the beginning, you know that I did a post on Artillery Passage and had this idea of walking around the streets of London and showing you exactly what the streets of London look like... the quirks, the people(which could also be part of the quirks), the unusual, the historical, the modern, the charm, or whatever else it might be.
What happened to that idea last year? Well, life got in the way. But here I am, hoping to finally show it you.. fingers crossed that I'll be able to deliver on this and not back down.

So today it is Bull's Head Passage. Yes, the name is one of the quirks, but not as quirky as a lot of other things that London has named. It's about one postcode away from Artillery Passage. I planned to walk down to the Thames that day and then this passage caught my eye and I couldn't help but snap away. London is literally just too photogenic, its a little overwhelming.

All I can say, is that this passage is just charming. A piece of old school in a very modern, business-like area, squished away, but very well-known. It also has a wine bar called Planet of the Grapes :) The third photo from the top, you'll see a landscape photo with a blue door on the right. This was one of the film locations in Harry Potter. That door was the entrance to the "leaky cauldron". It was an empty shop at the time, but for years now its been The Glass House, an optician store.

The market next door has also been used for a few movie scenes, including Tomb Raider and Proof of Life. I will do a seperate post on the market itself, since it is rather eye-catching.






No comments:

Post a Comment