May 2, 2014

Côte d'Azur Part 1

Such a perfect name, considering the colour of the ocean. The most perfect turquoise blue water I've ever seen in my life (forgive me if there is in fact better, for I haven't been many places). The French Riviera is absolutely stunning. I now understand why so many celebrities frequent this area. Beautiful coastlines, popular for yachting, resorts, hills, lovely weather and of course the French charm.

Feeling uninspired to write today and hoping my photos make up for it. I didn't shoot much, as I just wanted to soak it all in, but here are a few shots for now. We loved Eze Village, which is an old village on top of a hill in Eze and it has the most breathtaking views from there, and a cactus garden. We even found South African Aloe plants there, which was interesting. Also, seeing the Monaco Grand Prix stands being set up and the Prince of Monaco's palace, was really cool to see. Monaco, in itself, is just plain classy. Unfortunately, we didn't get to see Cannes or Marseilles, but maybe one day.. who knows.

I haven't got any pics of the famous oranges, but I can vouch that their freshly squeezed orange juice is probably the best orange juice I've ever tasted, ever.

For South Africans out there, does the first photo not remind you of Cape Town? ;)

2 comments:

  1. Oh, what beautiful photos! I've fallen head over heals in love with France and I can see a visit to the South of France is a must. Yay for South African aloes! And yes, anything beautiful that I see in Europe reminds me of some beautiful part of South Africa!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes, you should definitely go, its gorgeous. I could live there :)

      Delete